Pages

6.26.2012

The Basics -- Hourglass Pinwheel


I just finished my Basics Quilt Class.  Here's one of the squares I learned to construct ...
The square: Hourglass Pinwheel
Why it's a Basic: Two sets of hourglass squares in a 4-patch design
What I learned: That I haven't perfected the hourglass technique. 
What I like about this square: Start in the middle... work your way out, do you see the pinwheel?  That's what I like.  Also, the fabric.  They're additions to the mix and I love them
What I don't like: maybe it's just this picture, but those pinwheels don't look like they're all right.
Would I do anything differently:  Well, this is the second one I did... it's a little better than the first.





The Basics: An Easy Guide to Beginning Quiltmaking by Kathy Delaney

Taught by Barbara R. at the Prairie Quilt Shops

Just a reminder, this unfinished quilt was photographed on an ottoman and may not appear square, but it is!