Pages

6.28.2012

The Basics -- Sawtooth Star


I just finished my Basics Quilt Class.  Here's one of the squares I learned to construct ...
The square:  Sawtooth Star
Why it's a Basic: It's a variable 9-patch construction with flying geese
What I learned: another way to do flying geese
What I like about this square: Everything. The fabric. The new way to do flying geese, also, I was careful with this block and made sure all the birdies heads were pointed to the middle.  
What I don't like: not a lot
Would I do anything differently:  I'm pleased with it.  This is the last square.




The Basics: An Easy Guide to Beginning Quiltmaking by Kathy Delaney

Taught by Barbara R. at the Prairie Quilt Shops

Just a reminder, this unfinished quilt was photographed on an ottoman and may not appear square, but it is!

T