Pages

6.22.2012

The Basics -- Flying Geese


I just finished my Basics Quilt Class.  Here's one of the squares I learned to construct ...
The square:  Flying Geese
Why it's a Basic: technique upon technique.  
What I learned:  This one is a blur.  I remember sewing and 
What I like about this square:  I conquered it!  A lot of people resented the flying geese..... perfect triangles aint easy
What I don't like: I was a bit confused about what fabric represented  geese and which fabric represented sky when I was cutting fabric. 
Would I do anything differently: Yes, I would reverse the colors, and make the birdies the geese and the smoke color the sky.  




The Basics: An Easy Guide to Beginning Quiltmaking by Kathy Delaney

Taught by Barbara R. at the Prairie Quilt Shops

Just a reminder, this unfinished quilt was photographed on an ottoman and may not appear square, but it is!