Pages

6.22.2012

The Basics -- Quarter-Square Triangle


I just finished my Basics Quilt Class.  Here's one of the squares I learned to construct ...
The square: Quarter Square Triangle
Why it's a Basic:You do the  Half Square Triangle technique twice!  Lots of meeting of seams.  Learning this square proved to be important with the more difficult techniques
What I learned:  meeting seams, precise sewing (without any aids)
What I like about this square: that I did it right the first time (an important task for this square as there was no turning back once you cut that fabric).
What I don't like:  --
Would I do anything differently:  No. I liked this square




The Basics: An Easy Guide to Beginning Quiltmaking by Kathy Delaney

Taught by Barbara R. at the Prairie Quilt Shops

Just a reminder, this unfinished quilt was photographed on an ottoman and may not appear square, but it is!